Periodontal Treatments in Palm City, FL
Periodontics is the area of dentistry that specializes in preventing, diagnosing and treating periodontal or gum disease. Caused by plaque bacteria that attack gums, supporting tissues and bone, periodontal disease may display warning signs such as:
- Gums that are red, swollen, tender or bleed easily
- Gums that have receded away from teeth
- Persistent bad breath or bad taste
- Changes in tooth position, looseness, separation or mismatch
Factors increasing risk gum disease include tobacco use, poor oral hygiene, family history, especially crooked teeth, pregnancy, diabetes and certain medications. When detected in earlier stages, gum disease can be treated and even reversed.
Periodontal treatments offered at our practice include:
- Deep scaling and root planing (deep cleaning)
- Pocket reduction
- Ginigval irrigation
- Crown Lengthening
- Dental implants
- Periodontal maintenance cleanings
The staff of Bessey Creek Dental Care is committed to helping you maintain periodontal health for a lifetime.